This tutorial will help you to easily install Docker Compose on Ubuntu 22.04 using repository
To install Docker Compose:
- Option 1: Set up Docker’s repository on your Linux system.
- Option 2: Install Compose manually.
In this tutorial, you will install Docker Compose using Option 1
Install using the repository
If you have already set up the Docker repository, jump to step 2.
1. Set up the repository. Find distro-specific instructions in: Ubuntu.
2. Update the package index, and install the latest version of Docker Compose:
- Ubuntu, Debian:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install docker-compose-plugin
3. Verify that Docker Compose is installed correctly by checking the version.
sudo docker compose version Compose version vN.N.N
vN.N.N is placeholder text standing in for the latest version.